Friday, May 8, 2009

Ouch... Ow.. Ooh... Ouch!

So, yesterday I went for my first bike ride. I went by myself to get a feel for things without completely embarrassing myself. It was really fun! I'm still trying to get used to it but it was fun! Believe it or not I road about 4 or 5 miles! Okay so your all probably thinking, "Woah a whole 5 miles?? Wow Jess impressive! NOT!" But gimme a little slack I haven't exercised at all for probably 2 years and I've never ridden a road bike.

SO your probably wondering what this has to do with the title of this post... Alright well no one ever told me that I would get a sore bum from riding a road bike. And when I say sore, I mean throbbing pain! I couldn't even sit down in the chairs in my classrooms today without sitting tilted to the side! But what do I expect... That seat is just too small! Mike says, "Oh ya that will hurt for about 2 weeks and then your butt will get used to it!" 2 WEEKS?!?! What was he thinking? Well thanks for the heads up honey! Jeez la Weez!

Oh and did I mention how sore the rest of my body is too? We had a soccer game the night before this big bike ride extravaganza so I was already sore from that!! And we've been playing a lot of tennis so I've been sore from that too! Okay enough complaining, look on the bright side hopefully I'll lose some weight in the midst of all the pain! Haha

Anyways, just thought I should update everyone on my Biking status! As of now I'm CONCERNED but we'll see how it goes!

Right after our First soccer game. (Which we won 3-1 Sweet!)

4 comments:

  1. thats so funny! drew and i have been riding bikes too and my butt hurts too, we feel ya! haha good to hear well get used to it tho. are you going to play against lissys soccer team? were coming to rexburg for our birthday, mine is the 25 and drews is the 28, so we want to plan a party... you guys better be there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty skinny seat on your bike. I must admit I like my big fatty seat on my hybrid cruiser. Just the right width for my own personal fatty seat. Good luck on some serious riding. Hope your padded riding pants get here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mikes hair looks like a fuzzy brown bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friends. I'm a blog stalker. I loved reading and looking at all the pics from your honeymoon. It looked divine. Hope all is well with you to newly weds. You look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete