Thursday, December 25, 2008

We're Getting Married!!

So someone came and surprised me this past Friday! I have never been more surprised in my whole life! Mike wasn't supposed to come see me until the 26th of this month and he drove down to surprise me with a very expensive gift! My parents were both in on it and they all completely fooled me!
My dad took my mom and I out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse and I was definitely not opposed to a great steak dinner with the parents. We sat down and ordered drinks. Mike was texting me the whole time talking about how he was going to a movie with a friend in nor cal. Never did I think he would be in Yorba Linda, sitting in the booth right behind me, listening to me talk about him constantly. My parents were acting a tad strange but they just seemed very happy to be there. I thought they just enjoyed my company. My dad said something with a grin that I cant quite remember but directly after that I felt someone grab my hand! Obviously I pulled it away not knowing who was touching me. I looked over at the love of my life down on one knee who said, "Jess, I love you. Will you marry me?"
My eyes filled with tears! I have never felt such joy in my entire life. I was overwhelmed with emotion, not only from the proposal but it was the first time i'd seen him in 2 weeks! It was the PERFECT moment that I will remember forever!

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world!!! I am so excited I can't stand it!! It's about time Mike popped the big question! We told him when he left to go to school in September he had better get on the ball or he was going to lose a good thing. We are so glad he finally listened!! Welcome to the family!

    We love you,

    Mom & Dad Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey jess!
    I am so happy for you. And the ring is so beautiful. When is the wedding? I am sure you are so excited. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I'm just gettin old but that's cheesy. But I love cheese. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey? How do we have the same background? Did you copy me or what?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah welcome to blogging world...and the Smith Family!! I am so glad that Mike finally popped the big question...we bugged him enough about when he was going to do it! Can't wait for the wedding we are so excited for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg!! so cute! i am so happy for you guys. cant wait for the big day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess!!!! I'm so happy for you!! I cant wait for the big day!! April, right?? I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete